Great General Psych Student sites
- An all-around Great page for Psych students is The Psychology Graduate Applicant's Portal
- Canlearn is a website for all students at any stage in education (undergrad, applying, graduate etc.). Including a section on Financial stuff including scholarships
For Career Exploration
- Quizzes to figure out interests Click on career navigator, select a quiz
- What can I do with my studies type in: psychology or your other majors
- Quizzes & Career Info Info on Job prospects & salaries
- Job searching
- A great site with information on Some Exciting Areas in Applied Psychology
- Mary Lloyd's Careers in Psychology Page aims "to help undergraduate students learn what they can do with a degree in psychology" and does a good job at it :)
- A listing of psych programs
Tips on Applying to Graduate School
- So you want to go to grad school is a GREAT! website by U of Waterloo about how to build experience, get ready to apply, and apply to psych graduate school
- Another Great website for applying to psych grad school is one by Boston College. It includes a section about Letters of Reference that is very helpful!
- U Victoria put together a great site that includes helpful hints for improving a research-psych application. Check out the rest of the site for more info.
- UofT Undergrad Advisor's page on applying to psych Graduate School
some highlights include tips from graduate students, many useful links and a good description of U of T resources! Thanks Tamara!
- A good site on CV writing etc. is CV Tips
- Psychology: Resources for Graduate School Applicants & Students - a site with a lot of stuff
- an Article by L. H. Collins "Does Research Experience Make a Significant Difference in Graduate Admissions?" - Talks about what is actually important when applying to graduate school!
- Canadian Psychological Association which has great articles on student life and advice INCLUDING:
- a different set of 12 Steps for Applying for Graduate School in Psychology: an Bavel, J. (2002). Applying for Graduate Studies in Psychology: A 12-Step Program. Psynopsis: Canadas Psychology Newspaper, 24(2), 12.
- How to do well as a Psych Student (starting in undergrad): Chambers, C.T. (2002). How to Succeed as a Student in Psychology. Psynopsis: Canadas Psychology Newspaper, 24(3), 14.
- About 1st year psych grad school: Smith, K.B. (2004). From Undergraduate to Graduate Student: What I Wish I had Known. Psynopsis: Canadas Psychology Newspaper, 26(3), 14.